How To Properly Prepare For Waxing
Waxing is a quick and efficient method of hair removal for your legs and bikini area. It’s the best way to ensure the slowest grow back time. This is because waxing actually removes all of the hair from the hair follicles deep down which causes them to take their time regrowing new hair.
The procedure is a little painful, but afterwards the skin will become soft and lush. The hair takes about 4 or 5 weeks to grow back. This is a great method of hair removal before your holiday.
For the best results we recommend the following before any waxing procedure:
- Exfoliate the skin that will be waxed using a good peeling scrub. This not only removes dead skin cells but it also gives you the best prevention against ingrowing hairs.
- The ideal hair removal length is 6mm. If the hair is strong, it is better to wait until it is about 1cm long. Don’t give in to the temptation to wax earlier if you just start to see new short hairs.
- When choosing a bikini waxing you should take account of your menstrual cycle because the body’s hormones and blood flow changes affects your tolerance to pain. The best time to wax is in the middle of your menstrual cycle, during ovulation itself.
- Choose a professional who is experienced with waxing. It avoids the risk of injuring your skin. Professionals may make it look easy, but by trying yourself at home you may just find that it’s not as easy as it looks and you might land yourself in big trouble!
- When you arrive for waxing make sure you wear comfortable and loose clothing that won’t irritate the freshly waxed skin.
Waxing can irritate the skin, therefore here’s what you need to do afterwards:
- Avoid the sun for at least one day. Avoid saunas, and don’t have hot baths and showers for at least 24 hours after the procedure.
- A few hours after waxing, avoid contact with water and any soaps on waxed areas.
- Do not forget to hydrate the skin.
- 1-2 times a week use a peeling scrub (perfect ingrown hair prevention).
Enjoy the sun and your holidays!
All the best,
How to book an appointment with Daiva
You can either call Daiva to book on
or message her via her Facebook page.