How to de-stress? The answer is Indian head massage
Indian head massage is a treatment that is applied using the hands to the upper body, shoulders, upper arms, neck & head. Traditionally performed by Indian women who believed the massage promoted health and shiny hair growth. As the therapeutic effects of massage are becoming more popular in the western world, Indian head massage has become a popular treatment.
Indian head massage is perfect for people who spend a long time in stationary positions, such as office workers and drivers. It is also very good for busy people who work a lot with a high levels of stress.
Some of the many benefits of Indian head massage:
- Relieves muscular tension due to the effective removal of waste and toxins from the area.
- Improves the blood circulation therefore increasing the amount of nutrients and oxygen being delivered to the area and also assisting with the removal of carbon dioxide and waste.
- Improves lymphatic drainage therefore assisting in the removal of waste and fluid retention ( oedema).
- Stimulates or soothes the nerve endings depending on the movement applied.
- Causes hyperaemia ( increase in blood flow), which has a warming effect on the body.
- Due to the increase in circulation, cells receive nourishment, which increases cell division and improves their condition.
- Aids desquamation and dandruff ( removal of dead skin cells).
- The massage medium used will have specific effects on the skin, scalp and hair.
- The sebaceous glands are stimulated and produce additional sebum which keeps the skin supple and protected.
- Skin tone and elasticity is improved slightly.
- Deeply relaxing which gives a feeling of well being.
- Massage can also be invigorating which stimulates you and induces an energised feeling.
- Increases joint mobility.
- Oils, especially if left for a few hours or overnight , will condition the hair and the scalp.
- Helps to improve mental concentration.
- Eases tension in the jaw due to teeth grinding etc.
- Eases symptoms of eyestrain, sinus congestion and headaches.
- Encourages hair growth.
- Improves respiration by encouraging deeper breathing.
- Releases emotions.
It is important to understand of benefits of continuous treatment. A single treatment will produce some benefits, however, these will not be long lasting. If you continue to receive regular treatment you will notice greater improvements which are longer lasting. The frequency will depend on your needs, free time and budget. A general outline is once a week for a specific problems, up to a maintenance of once a month.
An average treatment takes about 45 minutes and costs £25 with Daiva.
Find out how to book an appointment below!
Thanks for reading and if you have any comments please leave them below.
How to book an appointment with Daiva
You can either call Daiva to book on
or message her via her Facebook page.