We are all excited about warm weather, but after a bit of winter we still feel tired and without energy. This is normal: our body’s resistance has significantly decreased over the winter and therefore require additional vitamins and minerals. Your skin may appear dry, dull and drab. At this time, when one day the sun is shinning and on another day the rain and wind is beating against us, your skin gets less blood supply and therefore it can dry out and start to itch.
It is important to remember that the sun not only pleases us and helps with vitamin D generation, but contributes towards obvious signs of ageing; wrinkles and pigmentation spots. Consequently, additional care must be taken in the spring to protect against UV damage. Even healthy skin needs special care.
So here’s some quick tips on how to care for your skin:
1. Clean your skin every day with mild cleansers to remove the dirt that accumulates on your skin during the day. You should also clean off make-up in the evening in order to prepare the skin for the next morning.
2. After cleaning your face skin, use an alcohol-free toner. It hydrates and refreshes the skin and also restores the skin’s pH and tightens pores.
3. Once in a week, depending on skin type, use a good mask.
4. Depending on the type of skin and any skin problems you might have – you might want to visit a beautician 1-2 times a month. Depending on your skin condition and the time of the year, your beautician will select and perform professional treatments suited for you.
5. Depending on your age, if your under 25 then use a day cream, and if your over 25 then use day and night cream. An appropriate good day cream protects and moisturises the skin. Night cream will restore your skin cells during your sleep and it will nourish and rejuvenate your skin.
6. If you have mature skin and you want fast and lasting results then you should use a concentrated serum along with your other creams.
7. A healthy diet, regular exercise, adequate sleep and rest, sun protection and appropriate facial care products will help prevent your skin from prematurely ageing.
Be happy, have shiny skin and a good mood for a good time into spring and summer.
Happy spring! 🙂
How to book an appointment with Daiva
You can either call Daiva to book on
or message her via her Facebook page.