16 Things You Didn’t Know About The Benefits Of MassageComments Off on 16 Things You Didn’t Know About The Benefits Of Massage
Massage is one of the special luxuries of life. Whilst it’s relaxing, it also helps to maintain a good physical and spiritual state. Did you know, however, that it does so much more? Let’s discover the many other ways that massage is beneficial to our body.
Good massage removes dead cells from the surface of the skin, which allows it to be better supplied with oxygen, and it improves the sebaceous and sweat glands. After the massage the skin becomes soft and supple.
Muscles and heart
Massage increases efficiency and strengthens the muscles. In the massaged area the blood flow is accelerated which helps the body to feed the tissues. Massage not only affects the touched area, but beneath it many of the organs and body systems which are attached. Effective massage exposes both surface and deep blood vessels. It compresses and expands the vessels – which reduces arterial circulation resistance, and thus facilitates the work of the heart.
Relaxing massage helps to get rid of unpleasant thoughts. It is recommended as a natural remedy for insomnia, chronic fatigue, cachexia (weakness and wasting of the body due to severe chronic illness. ) Massage is an opportunity to rest, relax and strengthen your health.
A professional massage relaxes and stimulates lymphatic circulation. The lymphatic system is involved in the metabolism of body fluids, it maintains fluid balance between the tissues and blood. When massage is done properly it releases the accumulated lactic acids, fatty derivatives and toxins from the body.
So in a nutshell, the 16 beneficial advantages of massage are:
- Strengthens tissue elasticity and durability of the joints
- Increases blood and lymph circulation
- Keeps skin youthful
- Gives the body energy
- It releases endorphins (natural painkillers, and it’s also the feel good hormone!)
- After weight loss from diets and exercises, massage can help to restore the body’s shape and also aids in the removal of fat layers just beneath the skin.
- Strengthens the back
- Increases production of red and white blood cells
- Enhances blood circulation
- Can reduce areas of pain a bit like anesthetic
- Relaxes tense muscles
- Normalizes blocked energy flow
- Strengthens the body’s immune system
- Restores peace and a sense of wellbeing, quietens anxieties
- Combines a stimulating effect on digestion and respiration systems
- Decreases cellulite
Massage is most effective when performed during the daytime – from 8 am to 11 pm. At night the body is in sleep mode, and massage is like exercise to your body. So the positive effects of having a professional massage are reduced when performed at night.
Before going to have a massage, it is advisable not to eat for 1.5 hours because the body is oriented towards the benefits of massage, but not in the digestion of food.
Daiva offers many different massage therapies, if you would like to book an appointment please get in contact using the contact methods highlighted below.
GET 20% OFF IN JULY 2015 FOR ALL MASSAGES!
Have a nice day!